My Blog List

My Blog List

Wednesday 13 August 2014

40K back in the ring

So back from the hols & after a long time out I step back into 40k tournament play this coming Saturday, something I never thought I see myself doing to be honest but then this hobby seems to be able to turn on a cent.

Now having been out of the tournament seen for so long I don't really have an army for one, what I mean by that is that I haven't bought the models that you need to compete at this level, but be that as it may I'm not in anyway going to try to blame that as a fact if I get my @ss handed to me left right & centre.

People who have been dropping in on this blog will know that lately I've been using a SoB IG army & with out blowing my own trumpet have gotten some good results with it, but that list is for an 1850pts game, the tournament on Saturday is for 1200pts.

Had the tournament been 1300pts I might have gone with the SoB part of the army as it's 1300pts but as that's not the case I decided to go with something else & looked to taking an SM  IG combo & had even gone as far as sending the list in but it just wasn't a list that I really wanted to use.

As this is my first tournament in a long time the most important thing is that I get as much enjoyment out of it as I can so I've got to have an army that I thing I'm going to enjoy playing regardless of the results of the games, so with that in mind I ditched the list & decided to go with my nids.

The funny part about that is that hive fleet Nagaina  hasn't had a run out in 7th ed yet but at least if not thing else I can be sure I'll have the best chance possible to enjoy myself using this army, plus it really is the only finished army that I can use at the moment as all my other armies are all over the place & a nice looking army to me is a must in a tournament setting, not only for myself but for the people I'll play against as they've paid good money & the least they can expect is to face off against a finished army.

Well I've waffled on long enough on this post so I'll finish it off buy putting my list below & thanking you for dropping in & if you'd like to find out how I get on be sure to kept an eye out for a report on my 4 games with picture's I hope.

Frank Cork O Donnell

Nids Army List 1200pts

Hq Tervigon 195pts Total 195pts

Hq Tervigon 195pts Total 195pts

Troops Ripper swarm brood 39pts Total 39pts

Troops Ripper swarm brood 39pts Total 39pts

Hs Carnifex brood 120pts 1 additional carnifex 120pts
2 heavy venom cannons 40pts Total 280pts


Hs Carnifex brood 120pts 1 additional carnifex 120pts
2 twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms 30pts
spine banks 5pts Total 275pts

Hs Tyrannofex 175 Total175

Total 1198pts

5 comments:

  1. For tactical options you could drop the spine banks on the Carnifex and make one of the Ripper broods able to deep strike. Potentially it means you could forget about them but it gives the options for Line Breaker and nuisance in your opponents back field.

    Ideally if you could give them Spinefists too they become more effective but 12 shots on arrival may make them become more of a target which dependson if you want them targetted so they end up dead but at least other units are ignored or you want them alive to contest those objectives.

    I think at 1200pts you can't face too much uber competitive player but I think you've got quite a list there, I think I need more Carnifex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Dave, I had thought of giving them deep strike but as the list is sent in I'll just run with it for now mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I shouldn't of been slagging you off in the email :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. wHY NOT IT WILL JUST MAKE IT SWEETER WHEN i HAND YOU YOUR @SS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its alright if u beat me (again) I'll just pretend I didn't have the heart to destroy a tournament noob (this time) lol

    ReplyDelete