My Blog List

My Blog List

Saturday 18 November 2017

Clarification on my Pull over a chair post

I'd just like to clear something up from my last post which only came to me after a comment left by Ivor (once again thanks mate) it concerns this part of the post (Looking back I think I was making to many pointless posts like the ones on what models I just bought & then again when I'd painted them, as I've said on here more then once I've no great painting skills, so going forward I'll just do be doing things like the Heart stone of Africa, Pulp Alley AAR's, leagues, a little chat post like this one, an odd on location & hopefully not to many when a shoot goes wrong kind of post :) )

As Ivor rightly pointed out in the comments there is no pointless posts & there was no intention offend anyone with this, from my point of view the think behind it was simple & I'll try to explain as best I can here goes.

 1) Posting a picture of models I just bought, the thinking here is you will get to see them anyway when I use them & believe me when I say I go out of my way to use every model I buy, if not why would I buy them ?

2) As I don't consider myself a good painter why show you picture's of what I've just painted ? I can't give you any tips on how to paint so I'm not helping you with something, painting for me is just something I need to do to use the models & I just paint them as quickly & simply as I can, I haven't tried to improve my painting in years, & as I've said above you will get to see them anyway.

3) Time, it takes time to post something but it all so takes time to read  or look at something someone has posted, the thinking here is I want the time you spend here to be as entertain as I can make it, so while I know all of us modeller love to look at models both painted & unpainted, I have a feeling(  & please correct me if I'm wrong ) that we like most of all to see them in action.

I hope that helps to clear things up & if I did offend anyone by the post it was unintentional & I can only say sorry & ask your forgiveness, I'll leave it there & as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed.   

12 comments:

  1. I just wrote quite a lengthy comment and instead of pressing 'publish' clicked the 'older post' link bottom right and have lost it :(

    Bottom line it was 'keep at it Frank, post what and when you want' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave & if I'd half your painting skills I'd be more then happy to post pictures of what I paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Frank! I hope that nothing I said was misunderstood as well, because I think it may have been - my reference to "pointless posts" was purely to you as it felt to me reading the post like you were saying what you yourself were putting up was pointless, which it absolutely is not!!! With my original reply I just wanted to make sure you knew that what you are doing shouldn't be thought of as pointless :) Honestly though, I can see some posts being a bit pointless - I've seen guys post about their family, dogs, gardens, home remodeling, etc. - when were here for gaming and modeling stuff, but these things are kind of like a diary in a way, so to each their own :) You just keep keeping on, I enjoy everything you are doing!

    I'm right there with you in regards to putting up a post - it takes time to get everything sorted, the photos, the thoughts, and getting the words to try to come together in some kind of cohesiveness... it's work, and something that I struggle with, and it's probably the thing I enjoy the least about the hobby. Especially because, as you mentioned, content is so important (I've got 3 drafts for posts that have been sitting in the queue for almost 2 months because I don't think I have enough "good" content to keep those handful of readers entertained!). There is nothing like the gut punch of putting up a post and seeing it's been read X number of times and not one person has said anything... straight crickets - then it becomes, "Wow, is what I'm doing any good?". That's what I'm thinking anyway.

    Hopefully this makes some kind of sense, it's so hard to try to convey thoughts over a keyboard (for me anyway lol!). The bottom line is I think we're a lot alike, and why I enjoy your blog so much, so don't think anything you're putting out is pointless - personally I'd like to see a lot more of your pre-production work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That didn't look nearly as big in that little box when I was writing that :)

      Delete
    2. Ivor I can assure that I misunderstood nothing so rest at easy my friend, but as you pointed out that nothing I posted was pointless it dawned on me that someone reading the post might think I'd be thinking something they were doing was pointless, which was never the case.

      Like yourself saying what I mean on a keyboard is not one of my strongest points, while I don't know you in person I feel I've got to know you both from your blog & from the comments you leave here, which are always very supportive.

      Thanks for taking the time out to write such a big reply as it means a lot :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Frank. I’ve been a blog stalker for quite some time. This is the first time I’ve ever commented anywhere. When I get down time, I hit the blogosphere and read about everyone’s projects, batreps, thoughts, opinions, and reviews. It’s like Saturday morning cartoons, when they were good! I get excited when I read blog crossovers, or when a group gets together to throw buckets of dice, but also the reading about everyone’s prep work. It’s all very inspiring. I have bins of plastic and metal in my garage from 20 years ago calling out to me. One day, I may break some out to get a lick of paint, if given the time. Any way, take it or leave it, I’m just a nameless face in a big crowd who appreciates what you, and all the other bloggers out there do. You all do what you love, and it shows. Don’t change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Enrique, I'm honoured that you picked my little blog to post your first comment :) Hopefully that day will come soon when you get cracking on those bins of models & plastic, who know maybe you might even be giving us tales of their heroic deeds on a blog of your own :)

      Delete
  5. So, after reading your previous thoughtful post, I was thinking thoughts (thoughtful posts require thoughtful thinking), and then you posted the clarification, which made me thoughtfully rethink my original thoughts. :)

    Now that I am finished thinking, I can say, it's your blog. I once stopped posting for 6 months just because I wasn't engaged. Other hobby/life things will come up, post when you feel the push. I'll be around, you have cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will for you kind words & support & sorry for putting all of those thoughts into your head :)

      Delete
  6. I replied to the previous post Frank in a suitably longwinded way, but I'm just echoing what everyone else on here thinks. Keep doing hat you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks General, I've read your other post but I'll reply to both here, judging from the replies I got which I really am very grateful to you for guys for taking the time to write :) it would seem that a lot of you guys are happy to see my carry on in the same vain, & your spot on with the man shouting from the roof top & is the reason I treasure comments so much. :)

      Delete