My Blog List

My Blog List

Saturday 28 May 2016

40K Colour coded

If you came here lately you know I've gone back playing 40K using  a Vrak's list that allow for Renegade Infantry Squad's to come back on a 2+, with me more than likely settling on 6 squad's for 16 that's' a lot of guardsmen to try to keep track off without slowing the game down to much, more so when you take it to a tournament.


 My answer to the problem was to use a colour code system for each squad by painting the left shoulder pad a different colour, so what I have now is squads blue, brown, grey, green and red, yes I know that's' only 5 I'm working on the last one which I think will be squad purple.


I used this system in a game against Cathal & found it worked very well much to my delight & doesn't' seem to take anything away from the armies appearance which would be important to me.

No do not adjust your screen or wipe your glasses that is a monolith & if you look at the picture below you'll see another of  the mostly forgotten crown units.

Yes that is the nightbringer, Cathal been the cleaver lad that he is decided that instead of bringing the usual default go to Crom army that a lot of people are using & that won't die but doesn't' do much else brought an all round list & we where both rewarded with a very enjoyable game, which just goes to show that just because you can take something doesn't' mean you have to :-)

Another thing I'm happy about is the piece of terrain above which while been a good line of sight blocker is also interesting looking on the table.
And what about that hole in the centre is it large enough that someone like Panama Jack might crawl into ? I'll finish up with you thinking about that, my thanks Cathal for a good fun game & as always my thanks to you for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :-)

7 comments:

  1. Nice trick. I do the same thing with my Works, but I tend to paint the shirts different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mek, as an ork player I'm sure you understand what it's like trying to identify one squad from the other.

      Delete
  2. Good idea :-) I have seen people do slightly different bases as well, when they don't want to use different colors on the figures themselves, but that is harder to spot on the table top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's Marc, tbh I'm thinking of changing them over to clear bases so the different bases would be out, also the eyesight is not what it once was so I had to have something that was easy to spot.

      Delete
    2. Thank's Marc, tbh I'm thinking of changing them over to clear bases so the different bases would be out, also the eyesight is not what it once was so I had to have something that was easy to spot.

      Delete
  3. That color code system is a great idea to keep things straight on the table, and help sort out close combats very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will,it certainly helps for keeping track of who's who's but another thing I like about it is that each squad now has a name silly I know but that's me.

      Delete