My Blog List

My Blog List

Monday 16 October 2017

On Location Willbrook Manor

Willbrook Manor or any other Manor for that matter is my latest building & as is the way of things we'd the camera crew out taking shots.
This is a kind of building I've been wanting to do for a long time as it one that can be used in many ways & setting, well as I've might have said before I do like stuff to be flexible, more on that later.
This is the first building I've done were I went the extra mile with added detail & I'm more then pleased with the result.
The building is made from cork tiles (aren't they all I hear you say) with some card to make the corner stones, for the other detail work I used Hirst molds.
Windows are always a thing I find to be a bugger & by that I'm talking about the glass, been a carpenter the frames are simple, so what I did was used clear plastic with black card behind it, this gives them a bit more of a reflective look which you can kind of notice at the top of the window on the left in the picture above above, more on all that another day. 
The two sides I left plain as to allow for butting other building up to them, be it stables or whatever depending on what I'm looking for at the time.
The back I've made very different from the front & have not really gone for a lot of detail, but by leaving a large area of plain wall above the door I should be able to add different kind of signs depending on what I need the building to be.
As you've seen the front & back are a lot different but which is which ?
To change things around I've now turned the building around, I've also turned the roof around & gone is the dome you seen in the pictures above.
If you look at the picture above & the very first picture you could be forgiven thinking their different places.
But things have changed even more so as I've now added a base, some of you might remember this base was use for my airport terminal building in another post.
Which brings me to my next point bases, I decided a while back that I would no longer put my buildings on bases so as to give me (yes you guessed) more flexibility, this way this house can be set up in the middle of a town or as it is now & will blend in either way.
Lets change things once more shall we ? & take a look at Willbrook Manor in an up & coming production.
See what I mean about not having a base ?
That's a rap for this post, as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed.   

10 comments:

  1. That's impressive Frank! Nice to see the love for cork spreading! I especially like the fancy stairs at the front. That last shot looks really good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preacher, yep cork tiles are wonderful I've been using them for a couple of years now.

      The last shot has a bit more effort put into it.

      Delete
  2. Well done Frank! The Hirst Arts details are brilliant 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, they give you that nice bit of detail would be almost impossible to do.

      Delete
  3. Very nice franco. I like the way you blended into the game mat in the last photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darra, that's the reason for not putting bases on the buildings.

      Delete
  4. Great minds think alike. I was looking at one of my recent buildings and thought that the front facing and the back facing could make the building be a small exclusive hotel or private office, and then the back side is done up to make the building look like a bank.

    For your building the the stairs and the balcony really set it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will, I think getting as much as you can get out of things is very important as apart from the effort of making stuff there is also what is the vain of most of us the storage.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant stuff Frank. I'm definitely coming round to the no bases way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason, it the way to go as far as I'm concerned :)

      Delete