My Blog List

My Blog List

Tuesday 21 March 2017

AUDERE-EST-FACERE

Audere-est-facere, will only mean something to two kind of people, those that know Latin or those who support Tottenhem Hotspur F.C, I'm of the later.
As there is a very big chance that some of you are neither of the above I'll translate, it mean's dare  to do, now just because you dare doesn't mean you'll succeed, but there's one thing for sure & it's this if you don't dare then you won't do. 

I'm about to try something over the coming month's that I've never done before, I guess you could call it a pictorial but as it the movies business I'm going to call it a following upper, it's something that I've thought about doing for about a year or so & have started working on over the last 3 or 4 month's.

I've been inspired for the main part by Bill P & his wonderful blogs  http://generalpettygree.blogspot.ie/ where a part from his epic Campaigns of General Pettygree you will fine the equally epic Expedition to Alexandrapour.

His other blog  http://lostsouthpacificadventures.blogspot.ie/ tells another trilling tale, which sadly is at a standstill dew to camera problems, & if I can do something even one 5th as good I'll be more then pleased,.
There are some others doing similar things, but it's Bill after I read the words ( you to can do this) on one of his closing notes that got me going. 

My only hope now dear reader is that you'll enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying making it, as I've collected the model's I needed, built the terrain & created the sets, at the time of posting the prelude (which will be the next post) plus the first 4 episode's are completed script wise with the 5th well advanced, that said I still have to make & paint up some more things plus shoot the scene's, but as each episode will be posted at monthly interval's I should be able to keep ahead

That's a rap for this post as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to comment it would welcomed.

6 comments:

  1. I follow the first blog...and most excellent it is...but didn't realise he had another, so thanks for the heads up! I look forward to seeing what you do with your 'following upper'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon, glad to have pointed you to it mate.

      Delete
  2. Bill P's efforts are quite inspiring. The "Major General Tremorden Reddering" website was my big "a ha!" moment.
    Good luck! I can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will, yes they are inspiring, that the great thing about the net we can inspire each other.

      Delete
  3. I know those words well, even though I'm a Red (YNWA) :)
    This sounds great Frank, looking forward to seeing you put it all together and to be along for the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ivor, there are words about red & dead but we won't get into that mate lol, I just hope I don't disappoint you.

    ReplyDelete